Friday 11 March 2011

The Miracle

The Miracle
I stood looking at her, her beautiful blonde hair; was blowing in the wind, it had a touch of red when the sun hit it just right. I thought I’d seen a model, I could see she had nice curves, a great body. She had a cotton dress on that was fitted to the waist, with a full skirt. It was very becoming. She had no wedding ring on. I couldn’t see her face, but my imagination was running wild.
Suddenly she turned and looked at me. “Hello” she said. It took me by surprise. I stuttered something, I don’t remember what. I looked into her beautiful brown eyes, her blonde hair outlined her face, it hung to her shoulders. Her skin was creamy white and spotted with lovely brown freckles. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. “My name’s Sue,” she said. “Hello, I’m Dave,” I stuttered.
This beautiful woman had made me a dumb mute. I couldn’t even talk to her. She said, “I have to be going now, my friend is calling me, hope to see you again, bye bye.” She just walked out of my life, I couldn’t even say goodbye. I thought I had lost her for sure, I wanted to call out, but I couldn’t do anything. All I could do was think about the beautiful girl I’d just seen, I remembered her name, it was Sue, it was going round and round in my mind, Sue, was so beautiful.
I didn’t see Sue for three days, but she was constantly on my mind. In my heart I could hear her soft delicate voice as she told me her name. I thought to myself, how I’d like to get lost in those freckles. One day when I was shopping around the square, I was thinking how I might find Sue. A personal ad I thought, no she’d never answer one.
While I was rolling the thoughts around in my mind, I heard someone say, “Dave,”? I turned to look, it was Sue. I knew it was Sue, I’d dreamed about her long enough, I’d know her voice anywhere. I looked at Sue, she looking straight into my eyes, were those beautiful brown eyes. I wouldn’t let myself be tongue-tied this time. “Sue, how wonderful to see you again.” She put out her soft freckled hand, I took it in mine, I held it for just a second, not wanting to let go.
We made small talk for a couple of minutes, then I ask if we could go have a coke. She said.” Sure, there’s a little cafe just around the corner.” Before we knew it, it was five o’clock. Sue said, “Goodness it’s getting late, we’ve been here all afternoon.” “I know, it’s been wonderful,” I said. Sue looked at me; I thought I saw Heaven in her eyes, she said, “Yes it has, hasn’t it”.
“Sue, would you go out with me”? “She gazed into my eyes for a long minute, then said “Yes, I think I’d like that.” “When,”? I said. “Well I don’t know,” she said. “How about tonight.” Sue said “I don’t know about tonight, that’s such short notice, I don’t know you that well.”
“You name the place, anywhere you want to go”, I said. She studied my face for a minute, then she took a piece of paper out of her purse, she wrote an address on it. “OK, tonight at seven o’clock, at my mom’s house, we’re having a little Christmas party”. Sue put that note in my hand, I held her hand for a minute, then she was gone, it was like someone had taken a part of me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com